This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read this policy carefully before you use the site.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) the data controller is RSA Films Limited (we or us) of 42-44 Beak Street, London, W1F 9RH.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.ridleyscott.com (site). This includes posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
– To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
– To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
– To speed up your searches.
– To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– To provide you with information and updates about our activities, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If RSA Films Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.